Friday, May 23, 2014

Finally made it!

Today was my first day in Dublin, it was quite the experience to look out the window and see fields of green separated by stone walls as we made our approach. After landing I couldn't help but grin when the flight attendant welcomed everyone in English and Gaelic! The way the Irish speak really intrigues me whether its Gaelic or English I can't help but find myself entranced by the sound of speech. It really helps slow things don for me as I become so interested in not what they are saying but how they are saying it. This is completely opposite to my normal train of thought.

Today I went on a walking tour of the 1916 Easter Rising Rebellion, it was a great way to learn a bit about what makes Ireland Ireland as well as learn the layour of the city a bit. The guide was very detailed and did a great job explaining. I can't wait to learn more about this pivotal time in Irish history in the coming days. Another classmate and I also sampled some of the Irish water - Guinness which I must say was a delicious as one might hope. We ended the night sampling some product at Dublin's only on premises micro brewery, they still have a ways to go to get to Colorado standards but they definitely get an A for effort in my book!

Sláinte!
-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment